Our 50 years of alignment experience went into the design of the L-703B Self-Centering Gun-Barrel Bore Alignment System that makes checking the straightness of long cylinders, such as gun barrels, much easier and much faster:
- Self-centering targets that require only 1 measurement per bore for bore ID’s from 1.18 to 40 in. (30 to 1,000 mm). Customized bore ID solutions down to .750 in. (19.05 mm).
- The system is designed to work with long insertion poles to easily position targets deep inside bores up to 20 ft. (6.1 m) in length.
- For gun barrels longer than 20 ft. (6.1 m), we offer a unique method using roller bearings for the measuring feet to easily slide the target into the bore.
- Measurement resolution of .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) and accuracy to ±.0001 in. in 10 ft. (±0.0025 mm in 3 m).
- Set up in < 15 minutes; bore alignment data can often be recorded and analyzed in 30 minutes or less.
- L-703B laser also can be mounted directly into the machine’s chuck to check the alignment of the barrel while it is still on the machine.
- Uses simple X-Y readouts that do not require software, making it the easiest system on the market to learn and use.
- Optional Windows-based Bore9 Software for recording data, analyzing data and producing reports.