Most Versatile Machine Tool Laser Alignment System on the Market
The L-743 Triple Scan® Laser Alignment System is one of only 2 lasers (the other is the L-733) in the world to offer 3 automatically rotating laser planes that are accurate enough for today's ever-increasing tolerances. This creates not only a powerful measurement tool for surface flatness, squareness and straightness MEASUREMENTS, but also a tool that FIXES alignment problems in a fraction of the time needed with conventional methods.
Unsurpassed Laser Plane Flatness
One of the critical components of any laser alignment system is the straightness or flatness of the laser beam or plane, as this is the reference from which the measurements are made. The L-743 features the flattest laser plane in the world that is flat to 1/2 an arc second (0.00003"/ft or 0.0025 mm/M) in a 360º sweep and 1/4 arc sec in a 90º sweep (0.000015"/ft or 0.001 mm/M).
100' Straightness and Squareness Alignment Measurement Capability
The 3 laser planes are squarewith an accuracy of up to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft or 0.005 mm /M). This squareness can be projected out 100' (30.5 M), allowing squareness and straightness measurement of even the tallest machine in the world to be easily checked. The L-743 also features 2 built-in level vials that are accurate to 1 arc second.
New Line of Wireless Targets
Another critical component of laser alignment machines is the resolution of the targets. This determines how close the straightness or flatness measurements can be made. The L-743 system uses our line of wireless targets (A-1519-2.4ZB and A-1520-2.4ZB) that feature up to 0.00001" (0.00025 mm) resolution, large measuring ranges of up to 1" (25 mm) and a 2.4 GHz "Zigbee" radio communication with our R-1355.24ZB PDA Readout, which can simultaneously display up to 5 targets.
These targets are all powered by rechargeable batteries, are lightweight and can be used as digital height gages when used with precision inserts. And like all Hamar Laser alignment systems, the targets provide live alignment data so misalignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup!
One Setup for Most Laser Alignments
The L-743 Triple Scan Laser Alignment Tool usually allows you to check the entire machine with one setup, before you begin an alignment. This quick analysis, where every part of the machine is checked to the same coordinate system, assures that stack up errors are reduced and all alignment problems are quickly identified.
Laser Alignment Applications
For applications with tolerances of 0.00002"/ft or 0.0017 mm/M or higher, the L-743 can quickly measure and correct alignment errors with minimal setup for the following applications:
- Machining center alignment (HBMs, VBMs, HMCs, VMCs, gantries, surface grinders and VTL's)
- Automotive transfer-line wing bases
- Injection molding machines and presses
- Aircraft assembly (seat track alignment, setting water, butt and station planes, wing-to-body and body-to-body join alignment, etc.)
Roll alignment in:
- Paper mills,
- Printing presses
- Film lines
- High-precision, laser and water-jet cutting machines
- Circuit board drilling machines
Measuring and aligning:
- Surface flatness of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- The squareness of up to 3 surfaces
- The straightness measurement of horizontal and vertical surfaces
- The straightness and flatness measurements of horizontally and vertically traversing axes
- The parallelism of horizontal and vertical surfaces even if those surfaces are 100 feet (30.5 meters apart)
- Checking plumb of a vertical surface up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- Checking way twist and parallelism between horizontal surfaces
- Checking way twist and parallelism between vertical surfaces
- Measuring surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
Powerful Alignment Software Downloads Data Automatically
For wireless recording and analyzing alignment data, our color, 3-D flatness and squareness analysis software, Plane5, simplifies and streamlines the data analysis process. It can measure up to 7 different surfaces in one project setup file and present a color, 3-D graph of the flatness and squareness analysis for each surface.
Our Machine Tool Geometry Software is also very useful for measuring and analyzing straightness measurements and squareness of each line of motion of a machining center, gantry or boring mill. The user can select the type of machine tool to be analyzed and the software displays the top, side and front views of the machine. After collecting the data, the report shows flatness, straightness, parallelism and squareness errors on an easy-to-read report.
View brochure [PDF, 618K]