L-705/L-706 Bore Laser
The L-705/706 Bore Lasers are battery-operated, visible light lasers that mount magnetically, in a bore fixture or mounting, and are suitable for almost all bore applications.
Both lasers have 2 mounting surfaces: 0.7498” (19.04 mm) and 2.2498” (57.14 mm). The laser beam is centered to both mounting OD’s to within .0004” (0.010 mm).
Micrometers on the back of the laser provide precise pointing control over the laser beam. By turning each micrometer clockwise or counter-clockwise, an operator can adjust the vertical or horizontal angle of the laser beam within .0001"/ ft. (0.008mm/M) relative to the mounting plane. The L-706 is used for longer distance applications and has 3 times the angular pointing resolution as the L-705. Both lasers can be used up for application up to 100 feet (30.5 M) from the laser.
Both lasers will operate for up to 8 hours on a battery pack with standard, replaceable 9-volt cells. An AC adapter is provided for continuous operation.
- Bar-turning machines
Bore alignment of:
- Bar feeders
- Cam, cylinder and crankshaft bores
- Compressor bores
- Extruder barrel to gearbox alignment
- Gas and steam turbine bores and half bore
- Hinge line alignment
- Cylinder straightness
- Gun barrel straightness for artillery and naval guns
- Helicopter tail rotor bearing bores
- Hinge-line spherical bearing bores when used with our customized bore adapters
- Stern-tube and shaft-bearing bores in ships
- Visible laser beam with collimated 5 mm beam.
- Virtually instantaneous warm-up.
- Compact, rugged design.
- Built-in horizontal and vertical angular adjustments for quick alignment of laser beam to bore reference.
Long-range, high accuracy.
- L-706 has 3 times finer angular pointing resolution than L-705.
- Both lasers can be used up to 100 feet (30.5 M)
- Beam straightness of +/- .0001" (0.0025 mm) in 10' (3 M) or +/- .001" (0.025 mm) in 100’ (30.5 M).
- Complete system weighs less than 15 lbs.
- Portable, battery operated.
- Target uses light-weight, customized, self-centering bore adapters.
- Targets provide dynamic or live display of component misalignment
- Bores as little as .70" (18 mm) easily accommodated
|Size:||See line drawings|
|Weight:||1.2 lbs. (0.5 kilograms)|
|Power:||9V external battery pack/AC adapter|
|Mounting:||.7498" (19.04 mm) diameter nosepiece or 2.2498" (57.14 mm) housing O.D|
|Center:||Laser aperture ground concentric within .0003" (0.0075 mm)|
Controlled by two micrometers. Angle can berepeatably set within .0002"/ft. (0.017 mm/meter)
L-705: (.001º on micrometer =.010º tilt @ 33 ft. (10 M))
L-706: (.001º on micrometer = .010º tilt @ 100 ft. (30.5 M))
|Angular Adj. Range:||L-705: +/- 0.18º +/- .0375"/ft (+/- 3.13 mm/meter) L-706:+/- 0.06º +/- .0125"/ft (+/- 1.04 mm/meter)|
|Operating Distance:||100 ft. (30.5 meters)|
|Laser Beam Diameter:||< 0.25 in. (6.4 mm) diameter (up to 30 ft./9 mm)|
|Laser Wavelength:||670 nanometers|
|All mounting surfaces:||440 SS Hardened and ground (54-60 Rockwell)|