The L-708 Standard and L-708LD Long Distance Bore Lasers are the latest addition to the bore alignment family of lasers. With the new coarse and fine adjustment capabilities, the L-708 is able to expand the range of adjustment to make setup easier and faster and require less precise fixturing. The L-708LD is a long distance version of the L-708 for applications up to 200 feet (61 m). The L-708 can be used out to 100 feet (30.5 m).
Both lasers have a mounting surface with a 1.2498 in. (31.74 mm) OD. The laser beam is centered to the mounting OD to within .0004 in.(0.010 mm).
High-pitch adjustment knobs adjust the pointing control of the laser beam down to .000007 in./ft. (0.0006 mm/m), so the vertical or horizontal angle of the laser beam can be adjusted to find the center of the reference bore target.
Both lasers will operate for up to 8 hours on a battery pack with standard, replaceable 9-volt cells. An AC adapter is provided for continuous operation.
- Automotive, Marine & Locomotive Engine Blocks
- Crankshaft and camshaft line bores.
- Cylinder straightness.
- Deep bore straightness checks on parts.
- Propeller shaft bearing bores.
- Stern tube alignment.
- Gearbox installation in new ships.
- Visible laser beam with collimated 5 mm beam for L-708. L-708LD has collimated 10 mm beam
- Virtually instantaneous warm-up
- Portable, battery-operated, compact, and rugged design
- Built-in horizontal and vertical angular coarse and fine adjustments for quick alignment of laser beam to bore reference
- Long-range, high accuracy.
- L-708 can be used up to 100 feet (30.5 m)
- L-708LD can be used out to 200 feet (61 m)
- Beam straightness of +/- .0001 in. (0.0025 mm) in 10 feet (3 m) or +/- .001 in. (0.025 mm) in 10 feet’ (30.5 m)
- Bore target and laser use A-514 Self-Centering Bore Adapters with adjustable legs to fit any bore diameter in the range of the A-514 adapters from 3.75 to 40 in (95 to 1,000 mm). A-514GS/GL Leg-Setting Gage centers adapters to .0003 in. (.0075 mm)
- Readouts and targets provide dynamic or live display of component misalignment
- Wireless transmission of alignment data via 2.4GHz link to Bore9 Alignment Software
.000007 in/ft (0.0006 mm/m)
± 0.03° ( .007 in/ft or 0.6 mm/m)
L-708LD: Up to 200 feet (61 m)
L-708LD: <.38 in. (9.6 mm) dia.