The L-708 Standard and L-708LD Long Distance Bore Lasers are designed with coarse and fine adjustment capabilities that expand the range of angular beam adjustment to make setup easier and faster. Both lasers are designed to work with our A-514 Adjustable, Self-Centering Bore Adapters so the laser can be mounted directly in a bore, vastly simplifying the setup.
The L-708LD is a long distance version of the L-708 for applications up to 200 feet (61 m). The L-708 can be used out to 100 feet (30.5 m).
Both lasers have a mounting surface with a 1.2498 in. (31.74 mm) OD. The laser beam is centered to the mounting OD to within .0004 in.(0.010 mm).
High-pitch adjustment knobs adjust the pointing control of the laser beam down to .000007 in./ft. (0.0006 mm/m), so the vertical or horizontal angle of the laser beam can be adjusted to find the center of the reference bore target.
Both lasers will operate for up to 8 hours on a battery pack with standard, replaceable 9-volt cells. An AC adapter is provided for continuous operation.
- Automotive, Marine & Locomotive Engine Blocks
- Crankshaft and camshaft line bores.
- Cylinder straightness.
- Deep bore straightness checks on parts.
- Propeller shaft bearing bores.
- Stern tube alignment.
- Gearbox installation in new ships.
- Visible laser beam with collimated 5 mm beam for L-708. L-708LD has collimated 10 mm beam.
- Designed to fit into our A-514 Self-Centering Adapters to directly mount and center the laser in a bore.
- A-514 Self-Centering Bore Adapters have adjustable legs to fit any bore diameter in the range of the A-514 adapters from 3.75 to 40 in (95 to 1,000 mm).
- Uses A-514GS Leg-Setting Gage to set adapter to nominal bore ID.
- Portable, battery-operated, compact, and rugged design.
- Built-in horizontal and vertical angular coarse and fine adjustments for quick alignment of laser beam to bore reference.
- Long-range, high accuracy:
- L-708 can be used up to 100 feet (30.5 m)
- L-708LD can be used out to 200 feet (61 m)
- Beam straightness of +/- .0001 in. (0.0025 mm) in 10 feet (3 m) or +/- .001 in. (0.025 mm) in 10 feet’ (30.5 m).
- Readouts and targets provide real-time display of bore alignment values.
- Wireless transmission of alignment data via 2.4GHz link to Bore9 Alignment Software.
.000007 in/ft (0.0006 mm/m)
± 0.03° ( .007 in/ft or 0.6 mm/m)
L-708LD: Up to 200 feet (61 m)
L-708LD: <.38 in. (9.6 mm) dia.
- Call Us: +1-203-730-4600
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.hamarlaser.com