The L-708 Standard and L-708LD Long Distance Bore Lasers are the latest addition to the bore alignment family of lasers. With the new coarse and fine adjustment capabilities, the L-708 is able to expand the range of adjustment to make setup easier and faster and require less precise fixturing. The L-708LD is a long distance version of the L-708 for applications up to 200 feet (61 M). The L-708 can be used out to 100 feet (30.5 M).
Both lasers have a mounting surface with a 1.2498 in. (31.74 mm) OD. The laser beam is centered to the mounting OD to within .0004 in. (0.010 mm).
High-pitch adjustment knobs adjust the pointing control of the laser beam down to .000007 in. /ft. (0.0006 mm/M). By turning each knob, an operator can adjust the vertical or horizontal angle of the laser beam to find the center of the reference bore ID.
Both lasers will operate for up to 8 hours on a battery pack with standard, replaceable 9-volt cells. An AC adapter is provided for continuous operation.
- Crankshaft and camshaft line bores.
- Cylinder straightness.
- Deep bore straightness checks on parts.
- Propeller shaft bearing bores.
- Gearbox installation in new ships.
- Stern tube alignment.
- Visible laser beam with collimated 5 mm beam for L-708. L-708LD has collimated 10 mm beam.
- Virtually instantaneous warm-up.
- Compact, rugged design.
- Built-in horizontal and vertical angular coarse and fine adjustments for quick alignment of laser beam to bore reference.
- Long-range, high accuracy.
- L-708 can be used up to 100 feet (30.5 M)
- L-708LD can be used out to 200 feet (61 M)
- Beam straightness of +/- .0001 in. (0.0025 mm) in 10 ft. (3 M) or +/- .001 in. (0.025 mm) in 100 ft. (30.5 M).
- Bore target and laser use A-514 Self-Centering Bore Adapters with adjustable legs to fit any bore diameter in the range of the adapters. A-514GL Leg Setting Gage centers adapters to .0003 in. (.0075 mm).
- Portable, battery operated.
- Readouts and targets provide dynamic or live display of component misalignment
- Wireless transmission of alignment data via 2.4GHz Bore9 Alignment Software
Fine: ± 0.03° (± .007 in/ft. or 0.6 mm/m)
L-708LD: Up to 200' (61 m)
L-708LD: <0.38 in. (9.6 mm) dia.