L-700/L-701 SPINDLE LASER
The L-700/L-701 are Class II diode lasers designed primarily for alignment of spindles to sub spindles or tailstocks. They has 4 axes of adjustment to align the laser beam to be co-linear and concentric to the center of its mounting stud or the axis of rotation of a spindle in which the unit is mounted.
The L-700 is typically used in applications up to 30 feet (9.1 M), although the laser can be used out to 100' (30.5 M). The L-701 has 3 times finer angular adjustments to allow it to be aligned to reference targets up to 100 feet (30.5 M) away. Built-in levels on the top and bottom provide easy indexing when inverting for error correction readings.
Other features include a shutter to protect the optics and an LED to indicate when the beam is on. Power is provided to the laser by a standard 9V battery for up to 8 hours of operation. The unit comes with a 0.5" (12.7 mm) mounting stud that simplifies fixturing and can be removed to adapt the unit to custom fixtures or other alignment applications. It can be used with the L-111 Laser stand for non-spindle applications.
- Headstock spindle alignment to sub spindles or tailstocks
- Transfer-line spindle alignment to master parts
- Rotary dial machines
- Boring bars
- Turning applications (cylindrical, OD/ID grinders, lathes)
- Twin-barrel extruders
- Mounts in the spindle to project its axis of rotation, allowing even the largest transfer line machines to be aligned quickly and effortlessly.
- Vertical and horizontal controls on the front for both angle and center for fine-adjustment of laser to spindle axis of rotation.
- T-261A 4-Axis Target provide live measurement data in 4 axes simultaneously (vertical and horizontal angle and center).
- Simple fixturing for mounting the laser and target.
- Visible-light beam aids setup.
- Runs for up to 8 hours on a standard, replaceable 9-volt battery.
- Compact and rugged.
|Weight:||18 oz. (510 g)|
|Material:||Aluminum + Stainless Steel|
|Standard Mount:||.500" (12.7 mm) diameter mounting stud - can be replaced. 440C stainless steel, RC54-58 hardness|
|Laser:||CLASS II, < 1 mw, 6 mm diameter|
|Laser Adjustment Range:||L-700 up to 30' (9 meters) measurements can be taken to 100'.|
|Beam Alignment Capability
|0001" (.013mm) Center..0001"/ft(.042mm/m) Angle.|
|Beam Stability:||Center: .0001"/hr/ºF (.002mm/hr/ºC) Angular: .0001"/ft/hr/ºF (.005mm/M/hr/ºC).
.0001"/ft (.042mm/m) Angle.
|Adjustment Resolution:||.0001" (.0025 mm) Center. L-700:.0001"/ft (.008 mm/M) Angle L-701:.00003”/ft (0.0028 mm/M) Angle|
|Beam Adjustment Resolution:||+/-.010" (.25 mm) Center. L-700: +/-0.25 degrees angle. L-701: +/-0.01 degrees angle.|