The L-702/L-702SP are Class II diode lasers designed primarily for alignment of spindles to sub spindles or tailstocks. They have 2 axes of angular adjustment to align the laser beam to be co-linear the axis of rotation of a spindle in which the unit is mounted. The L-702SP variant can also be used for CNC machining centers, milling machines and gantries.
The L-702 Spindle Laser comes in 2 configurations:
- L-702 Spindle Alignment Laser – is a straight-line laser for spindle alignments in lathes, turning centers, OD grinders, slant-bed lathes and transfer-line and rotary-dial machines.
- L-702SP Spindle Alignment Laser with Scan Plane – this adds a perpendicular scan plane to the L-702 spindle laser beam for checking cross-slide, turret-axis squareness and other milling axes in multi-axis, mill-turn machines and can also be used on horizontal and vertical CNC machining centers.
- Rotary-Dial Machines
- Bore parallelism
- Compressor-bore squareness and concentricity
- CNC Machining Centers and Milling Machines
- CNC Gantries and Floor Mills
- Cylindrical, OD/ID Grinders
- Horizontal Boring Mill Indexing Checks for Deep-Bore Applications
- Lathes and Turning Centers
- Multi-Turn Machining Centers
- Rotary-Dial Machines
- Transfer-Line Spindle Alignments
- Twin-Barrel Extruders
- The laser and target both offer a .500 in. (12.7 mm) mounting stud for simple fixturing to hold them in place.
- Center resolution of .00001 in. (0.00025 mm) and angular resolution of .00001 in/ft (0.0008 mm/m).
- Live measurement data in 4 axes (V center, V angle, H center & H angle) simultaneously.
- Windows 7/8/10-based Lathe9 Software with large, color graphics corrects mounting errors, calculates shim values and provides an alignment report showing all the alignment parameters of lathe alignment.
- Windows 7/8/10-based Spindle8 Software with large, easy-to-see alignment displays, live alignment data and spindle graphics, and a 4-step procedure guide users through aligning spindles to master parts on transfer-line spindle applications.
- L-702/L-702SP mounts in the spindle to project its axis of rotation out to 100 ft (30 m).
- Vertical and horizontal angular adjustments to precisely adjust the laser to the spindle’s axis of rotation.
- With optional L-702SP Magnetic Base, the L-702SP can be mounted on a machine table or instrument stand for checking milling machines and similar machines.
- Rechargeable LiPo battery runs the lasers for up to 8 hours.
- Compact and rugged 4 x 2.9 x 1.7 in. (101 x 74 x 45 mm).
- Only needs 10 in. (254 mm) of space between spindle and tailstock or sub-spindle.
L-702SP: 24 oz. (680 g)
Laser power < 0.9 mW
Laser Plane Beam (requires prism to be flipped into laser beam)
Laser Scan Plane - Auto Rotation (requires prism to be flipped into laser beam)
0.25 arc secs (.000015 in/ft or 0.0013 mm/m) in 90° sweep
± .00075 in (± 0.0015 mm) in 90° sweep
- Call Us: +1-203-730-4600
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.hamarlaser.com