It is a known fact that better alignment of sawmills means higher recovery (see this article). Existing alignment methods, such as tightwires and machinist levels do not provide the accuracy needed to increase recovery and take way too long. Fortunately, the Hamar Laser’s L-743 and L-733 Triple Scan® Alignment Lasers were discovered by a saw-mill alignment company several years ago and now they have been adopted as the go-to solution for aligning the mills quickly and very accurately, leading to higher recovery and increased revenue.
L-743 & L-733 Triple Scan® Alignment Lasers
Hamar Laser’s L-743 and L-733 Triple Scan® Alignment Lasers can accurately and quickly measure:
- Flatness & straightness measurement of saw mill bed and alignment to the centerline.
- Squareness between cross cutting blades/band saw pulleys and the machine centerline.
- Parallelism between parallel cutting blades and the machine centerline.
- Parallelism & twist of the guideways and bed.
- Pre-leveling survey of the floor before installation.