L-743 ULTRA-PRECISION TRIPLE SCAN ™ LASER
The L-743 Ultra-Precision Triple Scan™ Laser is our most versatile and powerful machine-tool alignment laser. It has been designed specifically for 3-5-axis machining centers to measure and correct machine geometry. In most cases, all it takes is one setup to measure flatness, straightness, parallelism and squareness of the main axes of most typical machining centers.
The L-743 has 3 rotating laser planes that are perpendicular with an accuracy of up to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft. or 0.005mm/M) and flat to 1/2 arc second (0.00003"/ft. or 0.0025mm/M) in a 360º sweep and 1/4 arc second in a 90º sweep.
The L-743 features up 1-arc-second split-prism level vials, a powerful magnetic base for stable mounting and pitch, roll and yaw adjustment (both course and fine) for setting the laser parallel to reference points.
Since the L-743 has 3 laser planes, multiple machine axes can be aligned and measured at the same time. In addition, laser planes make formerly difficult alignment measurements, like roll in horizontal and vertical machine axes, a very easy process.
The laser can project the measurement reference out to 100' (30.5 meters) in radius for each laser plane, so surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) can be measured in 1 setup.
- For alignments with tolerances of 0.00002"/ft. or 0.0017 mm/M or greater
- Measuring and aligning:
- Surface flatness of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- The squareness of up to 3 surfaces
- The straightness measurement of horizontal and vertical surfaces
- The straightness and flatness measurements of horizontally and vertically traversing axes
- The parallelism of horizontal and vertical surfaces even if those surfaces are 100 feet (30.5 meters apart)
- Machine tool alignment (HBMs, VBMs, HMCs, VMCs, gantries, surface grinders and VTL's)
- Automotive transfer-line wing bases
- Injection molding machines and presses
- Aircraft. assembly (seat track alignment, setting water, butt and station planes, wing-to-body and body-to-body join alignment, etc.)
- Roll alignment:
- Paper mills,
- Printing presses
- Film lines
- High-precision, laser and water-jet cutting machines
- Checking plumb of a vertical surface up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- Checking way twist and parallelism between horizontal surfaces
- Checking way twist and parallelism between vertical surfaces
- Leveling surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
- 3 continuously rotating laser planes with operational range of 100' (30.5 meters) in radius.
- Laser planes flat to 0.5 arc seconds (0.00003"/ft. or 0.0025mm/M) in 180º sweep and 0.25 arc second (0.000015"/ft. or 0.001mm/M) in 90º sweep.
- Planes are mutually square with an accuracy of up to 1 arc sec (0.00006"/ft. or 0.005mm/M).
- Includes Pitch/Roll/Yaw base with coarse and fine .
- Standard illuminated levels accurate to 2 arc second (0.00012"/ft. or 0.01 mm/M).
- Optional High-Accuracy, Split-Prism illuminated levels accurate to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft. or 0.005 mm/M).
- High Accuracy Targets: A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis, Wireless Target - 1" (24.5 mm) PSD, .00002" (0.0005 mm) Resolution.
- Ultra Accuracy Targets: Uses A-1520-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Target - .25" PSD and .00002” (0.00025 mm)
- Targets provide live alignment data updating
- Align and monitor multiple axes simultaneously
- Usually 1-2 setups per machine. Setups typically take 20 minutes or less.
- Short warm-up
- Optional Windows XP/Win7 soft.ware for quickly recording and analyzing machine geometry data
- Battery or AC powered
- Completely self-contained
- Laser and targets fit into portable shipping case
|Weight:||Laser: 6.75 lbs (3.1 kg)
Battery Pack: 1 lb (0.45 kg)
L-123 Base: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
|Material:||Laser: Aluminum and Stainless Steel
|Laser Type:||Visible diode, 670 nM wavelength Class II (Class I in scanning mode) .160" (4.06mm) beam diameter|
|Beam Stability:||Translation: .0001 in/hr/ºF (.005mm/hr/ºC)
Angular: 0.2 arc sec/hr/ºF (0.36 arcsec/hr/ºC)
.000015"/ft. (0.001mm/M) +/- .0001" (.0025mm) air noise
|Laser Plane Flatness:||0.5 arcsec or 0.00003"/ft (0.0025 mm/M) + maximum translation error of +/- .0001 " (0.0025 mm) in a 180 º /360º sweep.
0.25 arcsec or 0.000015/ft (.001 mm/M) + maximum translation error of +/-.00005 " (0.0013 mm) in a 90º sweep
|Laser Plane Squareness:||Top Laser Plane to Side Laser Plane Squareness: within 1 arc second. (0.00006"/ft or 0.005 mm/M)
Top Laser Plane to Back Laser Plane Squareness: within 1 arc second. (0.00006"/ft or 0.005 mm/M)
Side Laser Plane to Back Laser Plane Squareness: within 3 arc second. (0.00018"/ft or 0.015 mm/M)
Each plane has a range of 100 feet (30.5 meters) in radius.
Planes can be operated individually in any combination
9V DC external battery pack (4 cells) or 115V AC adapter
|Level Vials:||2 illuminated, level vials accurate to 2-arc-seconds (.00012”/ft or 0.01 mm/M)
Split-Prism Upgrade: Accurate to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft or 0.005 mm/M)
|L-123 Base Adj. Range:||Coarse adjustment: +/- 1.5º
Fine Adjustment: +/- 0.15º
|L-123 Base Adj. Resolution:||
Coarse adjustmen:t1.7 arcsec (0.01 in/100 ft or 0.25 mm/30.5M)