L-742 ULTRA-PRECISION DUAL SCAN ™ LASER
Designed primarily for high precision roll alignment and other similar high precision applications, the L-742 Ultra-Precision Dual Scan® Laser has two automatically rotating laser planes that can be configured by the factory to have either 2 vertical planes, or 1 horizontal and 1 vertical laser plane.
The laser planes are perpendicular with an accuracy of up to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft. or 0.005 mm/M) and each laser plane is flat to 1/2 arc an second (0.00003"/ft. or 0.002 mm/M) in a 360º sweep and 1/4 arc second in a 90º sweep. It also features 1-arc-second illuminated level vials.
The laser is mounted on an adjustable base with pitch, roll and yaw adjustments (coarse and fine), so that each laser plane can project the measurement reference out to 100 feet (30.5 meters). The laser is completely self-contained and can operate on battery or AC power.
- For alignments with tolerances of 0.00006"/ft. or 0.0017 mm/M or greater
- Measuring and aligning
- The flatness and straightness of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- Leveling almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- The squareness of any 2 surfaces
- The flatness and straightness of vertical surfaces
- The straightness of horizontally and vertically traversing axes of machine tools
- The parallelism of vertical or horizontal surfaces
- Checking plumb of a vertical surface up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- Checking way twist and parallelism between surfaces
- Measuring surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
- High-precision water-jet cutting machines
- Laser-cutting machines
- Roll forming machines
- L-742WW version used for roll alignment of:
- Paper mills
- Printing presses
- Steel mills
- Saw mills
- Film lines - normal & blown-film
- Two continuously rotating laser planes (2 vertical planes or 1 horizontal and 1 vertical) with operational range of 100 feet (30.5 meters) in radius.
- Laser planes flat to 1/2 arc seconds (0.00003"/ft. or 0.0025mm/M) in 360º sweep and 0.17 arcsec (0.000015"/ft. or 0.0013 mm/M) in 90º sweep.
- Planes are mutually square with an accuracy of up to 1 arc second.
- L-742 version has 1 horizontal and 1 vertical laser plane used for flatness, straightness and squareness measurements
- L-742WW version has 2 vertical laser planes typically used for roll alignment
- Includes Pitch/Roll/Yaw adjustment base with coarse and fine adjustments.
- Standard illuminated levels accurate to 2 arc second (0.00012"/ft. or 0.01 mm/M).
- Optional High-Accuracy, Split-Prism illuminated levels accurate to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft. or 0.005 mm/M).
- High Accuracy Targets: A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis, Wireless Target - 1" (24.5 mm) PSD, .00002" (0.0005 mm) Resolution.
- Ultra Accuracy Targets: Uses A-1520-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Target - .25" PSD and .00002” (0.00025 mm)
- Wireless targets provide live alignment data updating
- Align and monitor multiple axes simultaneously using 1-99 targets at the same time.
- Usually 1-2 setups per machine. Setups typically take 20 minutes or less.
- Short warm-up
- Optional Windows XP/Win7 software for quickly recording and analyzing machine geometry data
- Battery or AC powered
- Completely self-contained
- Laser and targets fit into portable shipping case
|Weight:||Laser: 3 lbs (1.3 kg)
Battery Pack: 1 lb (0.45 kg)
Base: 4.8 lbs (2.2 kg)
|Material:||Laser: Aluminum and Stainless Steel
|Laser Type:||Visible diode, 670 nM wavelength Class II (Class I in scanning mode) .160" (4.06mm) beam diameter|
|Laser Power:||0.9m per straight beam.|
|Beam Stability:||Translation: .0001 in/hr/ºF (.005mm/hr/ºC)
Angular: 0.2 arc sec/hr/ºF (0.36 arcsec/hr/ºC)
0.000015"/ft. (0.001 mm/M) +/- .00005" (.00013 mm) air noise
|Laser Plane Flatness:||0.5 arcsec or 0.00003"/ft (0.0025 mm/M) + maximum translation error of +/- .0001 " (0.0025 mm) in a 180 º /360º sweep.
0.25 arcsec or 0.000015/ft (.001 mm/M) + maximum translation error of +/-.00005 " (0.0013 mm) in a 90º sweep
|Laser Plane Squareness:||“Ceiling Wall” Configuration: Top Laser Plane to Side Laser Plane Squareness: within 1 arc second. (0.00006"/ft or 0.005 mm/M)
“Wall-Wall” Configuration: Side Laser Plane to Back Laser Plane Squareness: within 3 arc second. (0.00018"/ft or 0.015 mm/M)
|Operating Configurations:||The factory can configure the laser to have either 2 vertical laser planes or 1 horizontal and 1 vertical laser plane.|
1 or 2 planes, switched individually
|Power Supply:||9V DC external battery pack (4 cells) or 115V AC adapter|
|Level Vials:||2 illuminated, level vials accurate to 2-arc-seconds (.00012”/ft or 0.01 mm/M)
Split-Prism Upgrade: Accurate to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft or 0.005 mm/M)>
|L-123 Base Adj. Range:||
Coarse adjustment: +/- 1.5º
Fine Adjustment: +/- 0.15º
|L-123 Base Adj. Resolution:||