L-741 ULTRA-PRECISION LEVELING LASER WITH PLUMB BEAM
The L-741 Ultra-Precision Levelscan® Laser adds a perpendicular plumb laser beam to the L-740 Leveling Laser, offering the capability of checking and correcting squareness as well as flatness and straightness of vertical axes. This is the lowest cost alternative for machining center alignment.
The L-741 can also be used to check squareness of bore flanges to bore centerlines as well as bore centerline parallelism when used with our A-510, A-512 and A-516 Bore Targets and A-510 or A-514 Self-Centering Bore Adapters
The continuously rotating laser plane is flat to 0.5 an arc second (0.00003"/ft. or 0.002 mm/M) in a 360º sweep and 0.25 arcsec(0.000015 in/ft. or 0.001 mm/M) in a 90º sweep, and is square to the plumb beam to within 1 arc second (0.00006" or 0.005 mm/M). The Pitch/Roll base is equipped with illuminated level vials that are accurate to 1 arc second. It has an operational range of 100 feet (30.5 meters) in radius. The laser mounts on a machine or stable base so that the laser plane can project the reference out to 100 feet in radius.
- For applications with tolerances of 0.00002"/ft. or 0.0017 mm/M or higher
- High accuracy leveling of almost any surface
- Measuring squareness between machine axes
- Measuring plumb of machine columns or fabrications
- Measuring the flatness of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- Measuring and leveling machine beds and machine ways, large bearing surfaces, and fabrications
- Measuring way twist and parallelism between horizontal surfaces
- Measuring squareness of bore flanges to bore centerlines as well as bore centerline parallelism when used with our A-510, A-512 and A-516 Bore Targets and A-510 or A-514 Self-Centering Bore Adapters
- Aerospace tooling leveling/floor alignment
- Turbine split-joint leveling/measuring
- Continuous casters roll flatness alignment
- Machining Centers (HBM, VBM, VTL, VMC, HMC, Gantries, Surface Grinders)
- Large Lathe Beds
- Flatness and parallelism of platens on presses. Squareness of rails to platens
- Continuously rotating laser plane with operational range of 100 feet (30.5 meters) in radius.
- Laser plane flat to 1/2 arc seconds (0.00003"/ft. or 0.0025mm/M) in 360º sweep and 0.17 arcsecs (0.000015"/ft. or 0.0013 mm/M) in 90º sweep.
- Plumb beam and continuously sweeping laser are square to within 1 arc second (0.00003"/ft. or 0.0025 mm/M).L-742 version has 1 horizontal and 1 vertical laser plane used for flatness, straightness and squareness measurements
- Includes Pitch/Roll/Yaw adjustment base with coarse and fine adjustments.
- Standard illuminated levels accurate to 2 arc second (0.00012"/ft. or 0.01 mm/M).
- Optional High-Accuracy, Split-Prism illuminated levels accurate to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft. or 0.005 mm/M).
- High Accuracy Targets: A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis, Wireless Target - 1" (24.5 mm) PSD, .00002" (0.0005 mm) Resolution.
- Ultra Accuracy Targets: Uses A-1520-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Target - .25" PSD and .00002” (0.00025 mm)
- Wireless targets provide live alignment data updating
- Align and monitor multiple axes simultaneously using 1-99 targets at the same time.
- Usually 1-2 setups per machine. Setups typically take 20 minutes or less.
- Short warm-up
- Optional Windows XP/Win7 software for quickly recording and analyzing machine geometry data
- Battery or AC powered
- Laser and targets fit into portable shipping case
|Weight:||Laser: 6.75 lbs (3.1 kg)
L-123 Base: 10 lbs (4.54 kg)
|Material:||Laser: Aluminum and Stainless Steel|
|Laser Type:||Visible diode, 670 nM wavelength Class II (Class I in scanning mode) .160" (4.06mm) beam diameter|
|Operating Distance:||100 feet (30.5 M) in radius|
|Beam Power:||<0.9 mW|
|Beam Stability:||Translation: .0001 in/hr/ºF (.005mm/hr/ºC)
Angular: 0.2 arc sec/hr/ºF (0.36 arcsec/hr/ºC)
0.000015"/ft. (0.001 mm/M)+/- 0.00025" (0.0003 mm) air noise
|Laser Plane Flatness:||0.5 arcsec or 0.00003"/ft (0.0025 mm/M) + maximum translation error of +/- .0001 " (0.0025 mm) in a 180 º /360º sweep.
0.25 arcsec or 0.000015/ft (.001 mm/M) + maximum translation error of +/-.00005 " (0.0013 mm) in a 90º sweep
|Beam/Plane Squareness:||Laser beam and plane perpendicular to within 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft. or 0.005 mm/M)|
|Operating Range||100 feet (30.5 meters) in radius|
|Operating Mode:||Single beam and/or sweeping plane|
|Power Supply:||9V DC external battery pack (4 cells) or 115V AC adapter|
|L-123 Base Adj. Range:||
Coarse adjustment: +/- 1.5º
Fine Adjustment: +/- 0.15º
|L-123 Base Adj. Resolution:||
|Level Vials:||2 illuminated, level vials accurate to 2-arc-seconds (.00012”/ft or 0.01 mm/M)
Split-Prism Upgrade: Accurate to 1 arc second (0.00006"/ft or 0.005 mm/M)
|Clip-on or Plug-in Power Supply:||
Powered by a 9V DC external battery pack (2 cells) (6-8 hrs. of continuous operation) or a 115V AC adapter