L-720M STUD-MOUNTED MACHINE TOOL LASER
The L-720M was designed specifically to be used for both lathe-type alignments and machining center-type alignments. It is virtually the same as the L-720 except the laser can be removed from the base and inserted into a spindle chuck using a .500" mounting stud. Like the L-720, it has a single, continuously rotating laser plane with a straight-line laser that is plumb to the plane. The laser-tilt base includes split-prism levels that are accurate to1 arc-second. The laser mounts on a machine or stable base so that the laser plane can project the reference out to 100'. The laser may also be mounted at a 90º angle, producing a vertical scan plane to measure column geometry.
- Turning Applications (Cylindrical, OD/ID Grinders, Lathes)
- Machining Centers (HBM, VBM, VTL, VMC, HMC, Gantries, Surface Grinders)
- Rotary Dial Machines
- Transfer Lines (spindle)
- Boring Bars
- Measures and corrects errors in both machine bed flatness and column squareness.
- Mounts in spindles for headstock-to-tailstock or
- Laser plane flat to 0.5 arcsec in 180º sweep and 0.25 arcsec in 90º sweep.
- Plumb beam plus standard continuously rotating laser are square to within 1 arcsec.
- Specialized base equipped with illuminated, split-prism levels accurate to 1 arcsec.
- Mounts on machine or stable base, such as the L-106, to project reference out to 100' in radius.
- Mounts at 90º angle to produce vertical scan plane for measuring column straightness and flatness.
- Instant with virtually no warm up.
- Fast, simple set-up.
- Targets provide live data display.
- Laser and targets fit into portable carrying case.
|Weight:||Laser: 1.65 lbs (0.7 kg)
Base: 5.4 lbs. (4.2 kg)
|Material:||Aluminum and stainless steel|
|Laser Type:||Visible diode, 670 nM wavelength. Class II (Class I in scanning mode).
.160" (4.06mm) beam diameter.
|Operating Distance:||100 feet in radius
Beam Power: <0.9 mW
|Beam Stability:||.0001"/hr./ºF (.005mm/hr/ºC) translational 0.2 arcsec./hr/ºF (.36 arc sec/hr/ºC) angular|
|Beam/Plane Straightness:||10 microinch/ft., +/- .0001" air noise|
|Plane Flatness:||30µin/ft. (2.5 µin/M) +/- .0001" (2.5 µin) 360º sweep. 10µ/ft. (0.8 µin/M) +/- .0001" (2.5 µin) 90º sweep|
|Beam to Stud Centering:||Within .0002"|
|Beam to Stud Angle:||Within .0002"/ft.|
|Operating Mode:||Single beam and/or sweeping plane|
|Clip-on or Plug-in Power Supply:||Powered by a 9V DC external battery pack (2 cells) (6-8 hrs. of continuous operation) or a 115V AC adapter|
|Split Prism Level Vials:||Accurate to 1 arcsec|
|Spindle Mounting Hardware:||.500" (12.7mm) standard mounting stud|