L-708/L-708LD Bore Lasers
The L-708 Standard and L-708LD Long Distance Bore Lasers are the latest addition to the bore alignment family of lasers. With the new coarse and fine adjustment capabilities, the L-708 is able to expand the range of adjustment to make setup easier and faster and require less precise fixturing. The L-708LD is a long distance version of the L-708 for applications up to 200 feet (61 M). The L-708 can be used out to 100 feet (30.5 M).
Both lasers have a mounting surface with a 1.2498” (31.74 mm) OD. The laser beam is centered to the mounting OD to within .0004” (0.010 mm).
High-pitch adjustment knobs adjust the pointing control of the laser beam down to .000007"/ft. (0.0006 mm/M). By turning each knob, an operator can adjust the vertical or horizontal angle of the laser beam to find the center of the reference bore ID.
Both lasers will operate for up to 8 hours on a battery pack with standard, replaceable 9-volt cells. An AC adapter is provided for continuous operation.
- Automotive, Marine & Locomotive Engine Blocks
- Crankshaft and camshaft line bores.
- Cylinder straightness.
- Manufacturing & Metalworking.
- Boring bar bearing alignment.
- Deep bore straightness checks on parts.
- Workpiece bore to spindle alignment.
- Propeller shaft bearing bores.
- Stern tube alignment.
- Gearbox installation in new ships.
- Power Generation.
- Steam turbines.
- Gas turbines.
- Hinge line spherical bearing bores.
- Visible laser beam with collimated 5 mm beam for L-708. L-708LD has collimated 10 mm beam.
- Virtually instantaneous warm-up.
- Compact, rugged design.
- Built-in horizontal and vertical angular coarse and fine adjustments for quick alignment of laser beam to bore reference.
- Long-range, high accuracy.
- L-708 can be used up to 100 feet (30.5 M)
- L-708LD can be used out to 200 feet (61 M)
- Beam straightness of +/- .0001" (0.0025 mm) in 10' (3 M) or +/- .001" (0.025 mm) in 100’ (30.5 M).
- Bore target and laser use A-514 Self-Centering Bore Adapters with adjustable legs to fit any bore diameter in the range of the adapters. A-514GL Leg Setting Gage centers adapters to .0003" (.0075 mm).
- Portable, battery operated.
- Readouts and targets provide dynamic or live display of component misalignment
- Wireless transmission of alignment data via 2.4GHz link.to Bore9 Alignment Software
|Size||See line drawings below|
|Weight||1.6 lbs. (0.7 kilograms)|
|Power||9V external battery / AC adapter|
Laser aperture ground concentric to within .0003" (0.008 mm). No adjustment
|Angular Adjustment Resolution||Controlled by high-pitch adjustment knobs.
Coarse: . 0006"/ft. (0.05 mm/M)
Fine: . 000007"/ft. (0.0006 mm/M)
|Angular Adjustment Range||Coarse: ± 1.0° (± .21"/ft. or 17.5 mm/M)
Fine: ± 0.03° (± .007"/ft. or 0.6 mm/M)
|Operating Distance||L-708: Up to 100' (30.5 M)
L-708LD: Up to 200' (61 M)
|Laser Beam Diameter||L-708: < 0.25 in./6.4 mm dia.
L-708LD: <0.38" (9.6 mm) dia.
|Beam Straightness||.00001"/ft (.0008 mm/M)|
.0001"/hr/°F (0.004 mm/hr/ °C)
|Laser Type||Laser < 1 mW Cw, BRH Class 11. Blinking and Continuous Modes|
|Laser Wavelength||635 nanometers|
|Materials||Aluminum Flange. All mounting surfaces: 303 SS|
Target and Bore Adapters
|A-512 Target||Mounting Surface OD: 1.2498" (31.745 mm). Target sensor concentric to OD to within .0003" (0.008 mm). Mounting surfaces 303 SS.|
Small Bore Adapter
|For bore diameters from 3.75" (95 mm) to 6.75" (172 mm)|
Medium Bore Target Adapter
|For bore diameters from 6.50 " (165 mm) to 17.50" (445 mm)|
Large Bore Target Adapter
For bore diameters from 17 " (431.8 mm) to 40" (1 M)
|Sets A-514 Adapter legs to correct bore diameter to .0002" (.005 mm). Used for A-514A & A-514B Adapters|
Large Bore Gage
|Sets A-514 Adapter legs to correct bore diameter to .0002" (.005 mm). Used for A-514A, A-514B & A-514C Adapters.|