Hamar Laser manufactures the most accurate and portable bore alignment laser on the market today. In most cases, our bore alignment systems can fit into a case that is not much larger than a briefcase. With a variety of target options, Hamar Laser's bore alignment systems have a solution for you. There are self-centering targets, see-through targets, 2-axis targets and 4-axis targets, that use either hand-held readouts or Windows-based color software. And as with all of Hamar Laser's products, the data is live so if a bore is out of alignment, the laser can be used to bring it into tolerance.
The need for rapid job changeover brought about the need to have a better method of aligning turning center-bar feeders. The existing methods, such as tight wire or knocking the feeder around until it looked like it was "close to being aligned" are no longer sufficient. Misalignment can lead to poor part centering and part loading failure.
The L-705 laser can easily be adapted to the through-hole of the turning machine and made co-incidental to the axis of rotation of the headstock. A target is then mounted to the bar feeder. The system lets the operator know exactly how far to move the bar feeder and provides him with a dynamic display of the moves as he makes them. This alignment can be done at both the front end and the back end of the feed tube.
- Virtually instantaneous setup.
- Built-in horizontal and vertical angular adjustments for quick referencing.
- Target uses light-weight, customized bore adapters.
- Laser beam straight to +/- .0001" (.0025 mm) in 10' (3 M) or +/- .001" (.025 mm) in 100' (30.5 M).
- Easily accommodates bores as small as 1.5" (38.10 mm).
- Self-centering target, with accuracy to .0002" (.005 mm), vastly simplifies measurement process.
- Large digital display eliminates long cables.
- Complete system weighs less than 15 lbs (6.7 kg).
- Portable enough to fit into small carrying case.
- Battery operated.
- Dynamic or live display of component misalignment.