T-271 2-Axis Spherical-Bearing Bore Target is specially designed to work in spherical bearings that are typically used on hinge lines in aircraft applications. The target uses an optical design to “project” the PSD measuring plane into the axial center of the bearing, which we call a “virtual” target.
With the PSD’s virtual measuring plane on the axial (and radial) center of the bearing, the target does not need to be perfectly square to the incoming laser beam, and therefore it will display the true centering alignment values. This saves a lot of money on special jigs and fixtures to hold the bearing square to the centerline.
The T-271 requires a customized adapter to fit into the ID of the bearing and also set the virtual PSD plane in the bearing’s axial center. It uses a .2495 in. (6.337 mm) customized adapter for .250 in. bearings and T-271B Bushing Adapters for larger-diameter spherical bearings.
- Spherical bearings on aircraft hinge lines
- Bushings on aircraft hinge lines
- Small bearings from .25-1.18 in. (10-30 mm)
- .39x.39 in. (10×10 mm) Position Sensing Detector (PSD) with an optical design to project the PSD measuring plane into the axial center of a spherical bearing.
- Measuring resolution of .0001 in. (0.001 mm) when used with the R-1307 Readouts.
- Comes with a .2495 in. (6.337 mm) adapter for a .250 in. (6.35 mm) spherical bearing.
- PSD concentric to bearing adaptor to < .0005 in. (0.013 mm)
- Accommodates spherical bearing diameters down to .250 in. (6.35 mm).
- Small and compact, with a removable cable for easy storage.
- Can be used with the R-1307BC, R-1307C, R-1307B-2.4ZB or R-1307-2.4ZB target readouts. Use the A-910-2.4ZB Radio Receiver for a PC with the R-1307-2.4ZB for wireless data downloads into our Bore9 software.