Designed primarily for high-accuracy flatness and plumb (squareness) measurements, the L-741 Ultra-Precision Leveling Laser has 1 horizontal, auto-rotating laser plane that is flat 0.5 arc seconds (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 0.25 arc second in a 90º sweep. It also features a plumb laser beam that is perpendicular to the scan plane to 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m) and 3-arc-second illuminated level vials.
The laser is mounted on an adjustable base with coarse and fine pitch and roll adjustments, so that the laser plane can project the measurement reference out to 100 feet (30.5 m) in radius in all directions. The laser is completely self-contained and can operate on battery or AC power.
Measuring and aligning:
- The flatness and straightness of almost any horizontal surface up to 100 feet (30.5 m) (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- The flatness and straightness of horizontal surfaces
- The straightness of horizontally traversing axes of machine tools
- The squareness of vertical to horizontal surfaces, up to 100 feet (30.5 m)
- The parallelism of horizontal surfaces
- Checking machine tool guideway twist in horizontal axes, machine beds and parallelism between horizontal guideways
- Measuring surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
- Machining centers, gantries and lathe beds.
- Bore flanges squareness to bore centerline L-706 Bore Alignment targets and accessories.
- Parallelism of 2 bores using the L-706 Bore Alignment targets and accessories.
- 1 continuously rotating, horizontal laser plane with operational range of 100 feet (30.5 m) in radius.
- High accuracy: laser plane flat to 0.5 arc seconds (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 0.25 arc second in a 90º sweep.
- Plumb laser beam that is perpendicular to the laser plane to 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m).
- Includes Pitch/Roll adjustment base with coarse and fine adjustments.
- Standard illuminated levels accurate to 3 arc second (.00018 in/ft. or 0.015 mm/m).
- Optional L-740SP high-accuracy, split-prism illuminated levels accurate to 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft. or 0.005 mm/m).
- Uses A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis, Wireless Targets – 1.2 in (33 mm) PSD, .00002 in (0.0005 mm) resolution.
- Optional Ultra-Accuracy Target: A-1520-2.4ZB Single-Axis, Wireless Targets – .39 in (10 mm) PSD, .00001 in (0.00025 mm) resolution.
- Wireless targets provide real-time alignment data updating simultaneously.
- Align and monitor multiple axes simultaneously using up to 99 targets at the same time.
- Initial setup typically takes 10-20 minutes or less.
- Short warm-up
- Optional Windows Win7/8/10 software for quickly recording and analyzing machine geometry data
- Battery or AC powered
- Laser and targets fit into portable shipping case
Base: 4.8 lbs. (2.2 kg)
Battery Pack: 1 lbs (0.5 kg)
L-123 Base: Aluminum
.160 in (4.06mm) beam diameter
0.25 arc seconds (.000015 in./ft. or 0.0013 mm/m) in a 90º sweep
9V DC Battery Pack (2 Cells)
Optional LiPo Rechargeable Battery Pack
Fine: ± 0.15º
Fine: 0.17 arc sec (.001 inches/100 ft or 0.025 mm/30m)