Designed primarily for high-accuracy plumb measurements, the L-740W Ultra-Precision Plumb Laser has 1 vertical, auto-rotating laser plane that is flat within 0.5 arc seconds (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 1 arc second in a 90º sweep. It also features 3-arc-second illuminated level vials.
The laser is mounted on an adjustable base with coarse pitch, roll and yaw adjustments, so that the laser plane can project the measurement reference out to 100 feet (30.5 m) in radius in all directions. The laser is completely self-contained and can operate on battery or AC power.
Measuring and aligning:
- The flatness and straightness of almost any vertical surface up to 100 feet (30.5 m) (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- Plumbness of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- The flatness and straightness of vertical surfaces
- The straightness of vertically traversing axes of machine tools
- The parallelism of vertical surfaces
- Checking machine tool guideway twist in vertical axes and parallelism between vertical guideways
- Measuring surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
- 1 continuously rotating, vertical laser plane with operational range of 100 feet (30.5 m) in radius.
- High accuracy: laser plane flat to 0.5 arc seconds (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 1 arc second in a 90º sweep
- Includes Pitch/Roll/Yaw adjustment base with coarse and fine adjustments.
- Standard illuminated levels accurate to 3 arc second (.00018 in/ft. or 0.015 mm/m).
- Optional L-740SP high-accuracy, split-prism illuminated levels accurate to 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft. or 0.005 mm/m).
- Uses A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis, Wireless Targets – 1.2 in (33 mm) PSD, .00002 in (0.0005 mm) resolution.
- Optional Ultra-Accuracy Target: A-1520-2.4ZB Single-Axis, Wireless Targets – .39 in (10 mm) PSD, .00001 in (0.00025 mm) resolution.
- Wireless targets provide real-time alignment data updating simultaneously.
- Align and monitor multiple axes simultaneously using up to 99 targets at the same time.
- Initial setup typically takes 10-20 minutes or less. Transfer setups take 5-10 minutes.
- Short warm-up
- Optional Windows Win7/8/10 software for quickly recording and analyzing machine geometry data
- Battery or AC powered
- Laser and targets fit into portable shipping case
Base: 4.8 lbs (2.2 kg)
Battery Pack: 1 lb (0.5 kg)
L-123 Base: Aluminum
.160 in. (4.06mm) beam diameter
0.25 arc seconds (.000015 in./ft. or 0.0013 mm/m) in a 90º sweep
± .00005 in. (0.0013 mm) in a 360º sweep
9V DC Battery Pack (2 Cells)
Optional LiPo Rechargeable Battery Pack
Fine: ± 0.15º
Fine: 0.17 arcsec (.001 in./100 ft. or 0.025 mm/30m)