Lower-Cost Alternative to L-732 or L-733 Laser Alignment Systems for Leveling and Squaring Up Machinery.
The L-731 Precision Leveling Laser with Plumb Beam is part of a line of affordable, yet highly versatile machine and fabrication alignment systems. These laser systems are designed to quickly measure and correct machine and fabrication geometry with minimal setup. The L-731 is an entry-level laser designed to quickly check flatness and squareness/plumb of most lower-accuracy machine tool and other alignment applications.
The L-731 features a continuously rotating laser plane that is the flat to 2 arc seconds (0.00012″/ft or .01 mm/M), a plumb laser that is square to the laser plane to within 2 arc seconds and 2 built-in level vials, also accurate to 2 arc seconds.
The L-731 system utilizes our new line of targets (A-1531, A-1532 and A-1533) that feature: 0.001″ (0.025 mm) resolution, large measuring ranges of up to 3″ (75 mm) and built-in readouts. These targets are all powered by rechargeable batteries, are lightweight and can be used as digital height gages when used with precision inserts. And like all Hamar laser systems, the targets provide live alignment data so misalignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup!
- Checking the flatness of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- Measuring and leveling machine beds and ways, large bearing surfaces, and fabrications
- Checking the squareness of any vertical machine axis or surface to a horizontal axis or surface
- Checking plumb of an vertical surface up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- Checking way twist and parallelism between horizontal surfaces
- Measuring surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
The L-731 can also be used with our line of wireless targets (A-1519, A-1519HR and A-1520) that communicate with a Cassiopeia PDA or an IR receiver for a laptop. For wireless recording and analyzing alignment data, our color, 3-D flatness and squareness analysis software, Plane5, simplifies and streamlines the data analysis process. It can measure up to 7 different surfaces in one project setup file and present a color, 3-D graph of the flatness and squareness analysis for each surface.