The L-705 Bore Laser is a battery-operated, diode laser that mounts magnetically in a mounting fixture or customer-supplied jig. It is generally recommended for medium-accuracy, shorter-distance bore alignment applications, such as extruders and hinge line (spherical bearing) bores.
The L-705 has 2 mounting reference diameters: a mounting stud or “nosepiece” that is .7498 in. (19.04 mm) in diameter and a larger mounting diameter of 2.2498 in. (57.14 mm). The laser beam is concentric to both mounting ODs to within .0003 in. (0.0075 mm).
Micrometers on the back of the L-705 provide precise pointing (angular tilting) control over the laser beam. An operator can adjust the vertical or horizontal angle of the laser beam within .00003 in./ ft. (0.0025 mm/m) relative to the laser housing.
The L-706 Laser is used for longer-distance applications, such as engine block and compressor bores, and has 3 times higher angular-pointing resolution as the L-705. Both lasers can be used up for applications up to 100 feet (30.5 m) from the laser.
The L-706 will operate for up to 8 hours on a battery pack with standard, replaceable 9-volt cells. An AC adapter is provided for continuous operation.
Bore alignment of:
- Extruder barrel to gearbox alignment
- Gas and steam turbine bores and half bore
- Hinge line alignment
- Cylinder straightness
- Gun barrel straightness for artillery and naval guns
- Helicopter tail rotor bearing bores
- Hinge-line spherical bearing bores when used with our customized bore adapters
- Stern-tube and shaft-bearing bores in ships
- Visible laser beam with collimated 5 mm beam
- Virtually instantaneous warm-up
- Portable, battery-operated, compact, rugged design
- Built-in horizontal and vertical angular adjustments for quick alignment of laser beam to bore reference
- Long-range, high accuracy can be used up to 100 feet (30.5 m)
- Beam straightness of ± .0001 in. (0.0025 mm) in 10 feet (3 m) or ± .001 in. (5 mm) in 100 feet (30.5 m)
- Complete system weighs less than 15 lbs
- Portable, battery operated
- Target uses light-weight, customized, self-centering bore adapters
- Targets provide dynamic or live display of component misalignment
- Target and adapter options to measure bores down to .25 in. (10 mm)
Optional: 10,000 mAh Rechargeable LiPO battery.
2.2498 in. (57.14 mm) OD - housing