The A-516 Target is a 2-axis, self-centering target with roller-bearing feet, designed for deep-bore, large-diameter bore straightness applications, such as gun barrels and hydraulic cylinders. It can measure bores as small as 3.25 in. (82.6 mm) and as large as 16 in. (406.4 mm) for straightness and alignment.
With a 20×20 mm PSD, it has a very large measuring range for large straightness errors typically seen in long cylinders. The roller bearing feet make it extremely easy to insert the target into the bore and push deep into the cylinder. An accelerometer on the A-516 keeps track of the rotational position and allows the user to keep the target at top dead center. A scale is imprinted on the insertion pole so it is easy keep track of each measurement point. Use with Bore9 Software to collect the data and calculate the straightness.”
- Straightness checks on gun barrels and cylinders.
- 20×20 mm PSD, (position sensing device) with .0001 in. (0.001 mm) resolution (with R-1307+R Readout) and < 1% linearity.
- Built-in, self-centering adapter that uses measuring legs with roller bearing tips for easy insertion into very deep bores.
- Can perform straightness checks on gun barrels or cylinders up to 33 feet (10 meters) long.
- For bores from 3.25 in. (82.6 mm) to 16 in. (406.4 mm).
- Quick-connect poles with measuring scale have an accuracy to ± 5 mm.
- Accelerometer helps to keep the target in the same rotational orientation for better accuracy.
- Supports our R-1307BC+R 2-Axis Readout.
- Use with Bore9 Software to record alignment data, calculate the straightness and plot the alignment data points.