L-743 Ultra-Precision Triple Scan® Laser Alignment System
The product of more than 30 years of roll machine and steel mill alignment experience, Hamar Laser’s L-743 Ultra-Precision Triple Scan® Laser Alignment System offers the precision and time-savings to meet the ever-tightening tolerances of the steel industry:
- Combining 3 automatically rotating laser planes with the highest accuracy in the industry, this powerful tool not only finds but also fixes geometry problems up to 70% faster than conventional methods.
- Extremely simple to use and easy to set up, the L-743 can quickly and accurately check the squareness of the pins to the face of the caster, and check the plumb of the segment pins in the mill.
- 2-3x more accurate than optics or competing roll lasers kits with roll parallelism accuracy of .00006 in/ft (0.005 mm/m).
- Unlike optical methods that require at least 2 operators, the L-743 only requires 1 operator; it easily measures and sets the heights of caster segment rolls and checks all the rolls of a segment with 1 setup.
- Laser planes have a flatness of .00003 in/ft (0.0025 mm/m), and are mutually square up to .00006 in/ft (0.005 mm/m).
- A-1519-2.4ZB measuring targets (sensors) resolution of up to .00002 in. (0.005 mm) and a measuring range of up to +/-.55 in. (+/-14 mm).
- Machines 1,000 feet (300 m) long or longer can easily be checked with our unique Laser Transfer Process.
- Real-time data updating allows fast and easy adjustment of rolls if out of alignment.
- Wireless communication with effective range up to 150 ft (45 m).
- Easy to learn, the L-742 requires only 1 operator, reducing manpower and allowing techs to be used elsewhere.