L-706 Steam Turbine Alignment System
The result of more than 40 years of steam turbine alignment experience, the L-706 Steam Turbine Alignment System is the fastest, easiest, and most accurate way of aligning turbines on the market with these features:
- Tough, rugged design holds up well to the tough turbine-outage environment.
- The L-706 has a range of 100 ft (30 m) and can provide accuracy up to .005 in. (0.13 mm) over the full range.
- 50% faster than tight wire with higher repeatability from operator to operator.
- Real-time data updating allows components to be aligned while watching the alignment values update, speeding up alignments.
- Minimal training is required since the L-706’s setup is similar to the tight-wire method.
- Turbine target “sweep” fixtures allow laser and targets to be positioned exactly at manufacturer-specified reference points.