The L-740 Ultra-Precision Flatness Measuring System offers a much faster and more precise way to check the flatness and level of lower-grade metal surface plates:
- A continuously rotating laser creates a reference plane from which to measure the surface plate, thereby allowing the entire plate to be compared to a plane with a flatness of 0.25 arc second (0.000015 in/ft or 0.0013 mm/m).
- Wireless A-1520-2.4ZB targets with a resolution of .00001 in. (0.00025 mm) allow for easy set-up and positioning and the use of multiple targets, easing the process of measuring even the biggest surface plates.
- Allows the Grid Method data taking, which measures more points on the surface plate.
- Versatile Windows-based software uses the Moody or Grid methods, records and analyzes data, and runs on any Windows laptop/tablet.
- Surface plates do not need to be level to measure the flatness with the L-740, saving time on calibrations.