The product of more than 50 years of machine-tool alignment experience, Hamar Laser’s L-742 Ultra-Precision Dual Scan® Laser Alignment System is the ideal tool to quickly and accurately align the rolls on roll forming mills and similar machinery:
- Combining 2 automatically rotating laser planes and the highest accuracy in the industry, this powerful tool not only finds but also fixes alignment problems up to 70% faster than conventional methods.
- Extremely simple to use and easy to set up, the L-742 typically can measure roll parallelism and centering with one setup.
- With a range of 100 ft (30.5 m) in radius, even the largest machines can easily be measured.
- Laser planes have a flatness of 0.5 arc second (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m).
- Wireless measuring targets (sensors) have a resolution of up to .00001 in. (0.25 micron) and a measuring range of up to 1.0 in. (25 mm). Accuracy is up to +/- .00004 in. (+/- 0.001 mm).
- Multiple targets can be used simultaneously to further speed up alignments.
- Easy-to-use readout PDA displays multiple targets simultaneously further speeding up alignments.
- Real-time data means the alignment of the rolls can be watched as they are adjusted — a big time saver!