L-705 Self-Centering Extruder Borescope Alignment System
Our 50 years of alignment experience went into the design of the L-705 Self-Centering Extruder Borescope Alignment System that makes checking the alignment of extruder barrels to gearboxes much easier and much faster:
- Very fast setup in only 10 to 15 minutes; by contrast, an optical borescope can take a couple of hours to set up.
- In most cases, extruders can be completely aligned in less than 1½ hours including setup, which is about 3 times faster than optical borescopes.
- Self-centering chuck fixture holds the laser in the gearbox counter-bore.
- 2-axis targets with self-centering bore adapters automatically find the center of the bore with no moving parts, allowing nearly instantaneous bore measurements for alignment or straightness.
- Extruder barrel diameters from 1.2 to 18 in. (30 to 458 mm) can easily be measured by the L-705’s targets and adapters.
- High resolution of .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) and high accuracy to .0002 in. (0.005 mm).