L-705 Hinge Line Laser Alignment System
More than 50 years of alignment experience went into the design of the L-705 Hinge Line Laser Alignment System, which is capable of handling a wide range of bore diameters and is highly accurate and unparalleled for ease of use:
- The L-705 is designed with standard aerospace tooling diameter of 2.25 in. (57.15 mm) for maximum utility
- The centering of the L-705 laser beam to the housing is controlled to extremely tight tolerances, usually less than .0005 in. (0.013 mm).
- Our T-271 Virtual Target is designed specifically for hinge line spherical bearings to make the target insensitive to bearing squareness to the centerline, eliminate expensive tooling.
- Built-in angular adjustment micrometers on the back of the L-705 precisely tilt the laser beam for fast alignment to bore references.
- Straightness measurements to ±.0001 in. in 10 ft (±0.0025 mm in 3 m) or ±.001 in. in 100 ft (0.025 mm in 30.5 m).
- Simple X-Y Readouts show the data updating in real time for extremely fast alignments.
- Optional Windows-based alignment software makes collecting and analyzing alignment data fast and easy.